Lesson Plan: Nomenclature System of Compounds and Chemical Equations
Education Level : Senior High School
Subject : Chemistry
Grade/ Semester : X / I
Topic : Nomenclature System of Compounds and Chemical Equations
Sub Topic : Simple Chemical Equation
Academic Year : ............/....................
Time Allocation : 2 x 45 minutes
Standard Competence : Understanding the chemical basic laws and its application on chemical calculation (stoichiometry).
Basic Competence : Describing the nomenclature of simple organic and inorganic compounds and its chemical reaction equation.
1. Define terms about reactants, products, equivalent reaction, and reaction coefficient.
2. Change the reaction that written on sentences to the equivalent reaction equation.
3. Balance a simple chemical equation correctly.
II. PURPOSE OF LEARNING
- Students of Senior High School Class X semester 1 can define terms about reactants, products, equivalent reaction, and reaction coefficient.
- Students of Senior High School Class X semester 1 can change the reaction that written on sentences to the equivalent reaction equation.
- Students of Senior High School Class X semester 1 can balance a simple chemical equation correctly.
III. LESSON MATERIAL
Simple Chemical Equation
IV. LEARNING MODEL
Model : Student Centered Learning
Method : Combination of discourse, Structured Exercise Method, and ask & questions.
V. LEARNING SCENARIO
Teacher opens the class by saying greeting and ask the presence
Teacher motivates the student by giving the use of studying the chemical equation material.
Teacher reviews about chemical changes because it has relationship with the chemical equation material.
Teacher asks the students about the definition of chemical reaction.
Teacher gives example how to write chemical equation.
Teacher asks students to write the chemical equation from the reaction that given.
Teacher gives example how to balance the chemical equation.
Students exercise reaction equation problems and one of student try in the whiteboard and teacher guide until the students understand.
Teacher reviews and concludes the materials that have been explained.
Teacher gives a chance to student to ask questions.
Teacher gives homework for next meeting.
Teacher gives information about the matter for next meeting.
Teacher closes the class by saying greeting.
VI. LEARNING MEDIA
Chemistry books, students’ worksheet, white board and marker.
Purba, Michael. 2006. Kimia untuk SMA Kelas X. Jakarta: Erlangga
Sunardi. 2007. Kimia Billingual untuk SMA Kelas X Semester 1 dan 2. Bandung: Yrama Widya.
VIII. ASSESSMENT AND FOLLOW-UP
a. Assessment: Quiz, Post test
Student succeed if reach percentage ≥70 % from assessment
Giving remedial for students whose reach <7o % from assessment